Monday, December 28, 2015

You know what that means...

Santa brought us a new laptop for Christmas. You know what that could mean???? Easy blogging! I will be able to type faster and actually edit. It might really happen. I have felt like I have a lot on my mind lately. 

We are a few days out from the new year. I don't often have resolutions. I don't start some drastic diet, or cut stuff out of my life. I just usually have ideas of where I would like to see changes in my life. I don't really know what that will look like in action. 

My goals: 
1. Blog more. Get thoughts out. Write for myself, not an audience. I have slowed down with Facebook because of work, so maybe I won't feel like I have already said what I need to say. Maybe I will password protect old posts and use code names or something to protect the innocent. Not really sure about that though. 

2. Read 20 books this year. 

3. Along the lines with the 20 books, finish the 12 books written by non-American authors that have been assigned by my friend. 

4. Finish at least one knitting project. I have been working on the same thing since April and it is just about halfway done and it is a scarf. I think one project this year is a reasonable goal. 

5. Make some sort of effort on my house each day. That is all I have to say about that.

Overall, I want to stop feeling overwhelmed and frozen in place because I went back to work full time. It has been 5 months. Life hasn't really slowed down and it probably won't anytime in the foreseeable future, so it is time to suck it up. So I need to be more proactive with dealing with it and just move forward. 

Oddly enough, this was all written on my phone. Maybe I will get up and post sometime soon while I eat my breakfast.