Saturday, January 2, 2016

Computer post

I was going to go update my template but then I thought, let's not get carried away.  Set realistic goals and just actually write a post. I don't have any theme or topic to really write about.  Just same old, same old life.

New Year's happened.  It was pretty uneventful.  We played some games at my mom's.  The older two kids spent the night there with their cousins.  Justin, Isla, and I were home and in bed by eleven.  Yesterday we went and spent time with some old friends.  By old friends, I mean some of my high school friends.  As I was looking around the room, I realize I became friends with most of these people 20 years ago.  How did I get old enough to say that?  And old enough to remember when I met them and the fun we had together.  It isn't like we were babies at the time.

We have our January reading assignment.  White Teeth by Zadie Smith.  I don't have it yet so I haven't started.  I will keep you posted.

The other thing I am starting is the 21 day fix.  It is a beachbody fitness series and meal plan.  I am in an accountability group and everything.  It isn't so drastic that in 21 days you will have met your goals or anything like that, but it is in 3 weeks you will have made it part of your routine so it is easier to keep going.  Plus it isn't that hard to say you will commit to 3 weeks instead of 3 months or something like that. It requires meal planning which is something I need to do anyway. I typically have always at least had a meal list planned when I went shopping.  It makes evenings easier when I know what I am making ahead of time and it also prevents me from only buying half of what is required for the recipes.  Overall, it should help me feel more organized.  Dinners on work nights don't work if I haven't planned ahead.  That is how we end up eating out or just eating random stuff I find in the freezer and cabinets.

Luckily I have dragged my feet on posting regularly for the last few years that I have lost almost all readers and feel no pressure to have time worthy content! Enjoy my drivel.  P.S. I wrote this on the computer. I don't think it improves things.